The Arizona Association of Health Access Management (AzHAM) is dedicating to enriching our profession by providing education, peer support and networking resources and opportunities for our members in a fun, professional forum. We encourage the exchange of information to develop an understanding on how trends and changes in healthcare management and political issues affect us and other Patient Access professionals across Arizona.
In 1974, the National Association of Healthcare Access Management (NAHAM) was established to improve patient care and to create a forum for managers to exchange best practice efforts around the country. The Arizona Chapter held their first meeting at St. Joseph's Hospital in 1977. For over 30 years now NAHAM & AzHAM forums have branched out into healthcare lobbying; bringing a voice to Patient Access.
Our local AZ Chapter continues to participate on a national level to be proactive with information exchange and to bring forth concerns and experiences facing our healthcare organizations and professionals.
ARTICLE I: NAME
ARTICLE II: OBJECTIVES
◦ To serve as forum for discussion of Hospital Access Management and promote sharing best practices, knowledge, tools, and
◦ To encourage career advancement in Patient Access through participation AZHAM, NAHAM, and other professional
organizations. This includes encouraging members to obtain nationally recognized certifications in the field of patient access.
◦ To cooperate in promoting the aims and objectives of the association.
◦ Establish a diversified membership that encourages all Arizona healthcare providers involvement.
ARTICLE III: BOARD OF DIRECTORS
◦ The Board of Directors shall consist of a minimum of 7 but not more than 9 leaders. All Board members are elected for a two-
year term. The Board shall elect from its own a Secretary, Treasurer, Membership Chairperson, Publication Chairperson,
Education Chairperson, and Conference Chair. Positions changes to occur post annual event.
◦ The President will transition into the Past President after completion of their two-year term.
◦ The Vice President will move to the President after completion of their two-year term.
◦ The Secretary will move to the Vice-President after completion of their two-year term.
◦ Board members are expected to attend 75% of board meetings in a calendar year (in conjunction with NAHAM attendance
expectations for board/committee membership).
◦ In the event board members are unable to meet attendance obligations, the board may vote to replace that member.
▪ PRESIDENT: To preside at all meetings and Board meetings. Shall be able to recommend and appoint Ad-Hoc task force
Committees as needed. Shall have joint custody of all funds, securities, and other assets of the Association.
▪ VICE PRESIDENT: Shall assume the duties of the President in his/her absence and assist the President in carrying out
▪ SECRETARY: Shall keep, prepare and maintain full and correct records of all meetings of the Association. He/she shall keep a
file of all correspondence regarding any activities that the Association has initiated.
▪ TREASURER: Shall have joint custody of all funds, securities, and other assets of the Association
(seeking online payment to
nullify this need). Issues receipts for all monies received. Will prepare and have available, a financial statement showing the
condition of the Association as of the close of business of the last day of each month. He/she will submit a Treasurer's
report to all Board and general meetings and shall deposit funds in designated bank. An annual audit of all funds shall be
conducted by Board members.
▫ The purpose of joint custody of all funds, securities, and other assets of the association is to ensure a proper checks and
balances of said assets.
▫ Any chapter expenditures will require board approval prior to payment release. Minutes will reflect majority approval.
▫ The President and Treasurer will also ensure compliance non-profit tax legislation (501-3C) on an annual basis.
▪ MEMBERSHIP CHAIRPERSON: Shall email out renewal notices at the end of the year and again at the beginning of the New
Year Included in the email mailing should be a list of current officers and an outline of the upcoming meeting dates for the
year. Annual membership lists will be generated based on AZHAM conference attendance and shared with board members.
▪ PUBLICATIONS CHAIRPERSON: Will produce a newsletter highlighting AZHAM/NAHAM related events in accordance with a
scheduled determined by board member approval. Distribution of this newsletter will be sent to the current AZHAM
membership roster and will be posted to the AZHAM website and associated social media pages. Identify key committee
members to solicit articles for the newsletter.
▪ EDUCATION CHAIRPERSON: Will obtain educational needs from AZHAM members by soliciting the member roster.
Coordinate and assist Publications Chairperson to establish guidelines for continuing education initiatives related to the
▪ CONFERENCE CHAIRPERSON: Shall coordinate and facilitate annual conference to include but not limited to, vendor
coordination, keynote speaker and venue location/logistics. Chairperson to facilitate conference registration and collaborate
with the AZHAM board.
▪ PAST PRESIDENT: Shall act in an advisory capacity to the President and the Board of Directors for term of two years. Act in
any other capacity as requested by the President, with mutual consent.
◦ Board Member Expectations:
▪ All board members shall be active NAHAM members and have a current CHAM certification. A newly elected board member
must obtain their CHAM. They shall discharge the duties of their respective positions in good faith and with that degree of
diligence, care and skill which ordinarily prudent persons would exercise under similar circumstances in like positions. Failure
to meet these requirements may result in suspension or removal from office.
◦ Suspension from office for cause may be initiated at any time by the President pending removal action. Such suspension action
shall be reviewed by the board members. Removal from office shall be enacted by the Board of Directors.
ARTICLE IV: COMMITTEES
ARTICLE V: ELECTIONS
ARTICLE VI: MEMBERSHIP
◦There shall be no annual membership fee.
◦All conference fees shall be payable prior to or at annual conference
ARTICLE VII: CALENDAR OF EVENTS
ARTICLE VIII: AMENDMENTS
Revised September 2023
Revised July 2023
Revised November 2019
Revised November 2016
Revised November 2014
Revised July 2012
Revised January 2011
Revised June 2007
Revised January 2006
Revised March 2003